Every lesson is tailored to fit the goal of the rider. We have lesson horses for all levels and disciplines.
PRIVATE: (45 Minutes):
Single lesson: $45
- Pack of 4 – $170
- Pack of 6 – $250
- Pack of 8 – $330
GROUP: (1 hr, 2 to 4 students)
Single Lesson – $45
- Pack of 4 – $150
- Pack of 6 – $225
- Pack of 8 – $300
We also offer horsemanship classes for those who may want to work/volunteer with horses, but don’t feel ready to ride. Skills taught include: haltering, leading, grooming, free-lunging, lunging, long lining.
To schedule a riding evaluation, please call Shannon McMahon at 203-443-4350.
About Shannon McMahon
- Competed successfully in equitation, jumping, 3-day eventing, dressage, barrel racing and team penning
- Associations and show circuits: CHSA, CHJA, AQHA, CBHA, ABHA, CDA, AHSA
- Has had many students go on to be world show qualifiers and pro rodeo circuit riders
- Has instructed Judge’s Eye Clinics
- Teaches showmanship classes
- Studied Equine TPM therapy.
- Certified through Perdue KY in Equine Nutrition and specified conditioning.
- Trained under certified riding instructors as well as James (Shea) Walsh, Olympic goldmedalist in 1988 for dressage
- Has New England judge’s card
- Volunteered at equine rescue facilities in CT and KY
- Trained in rehabilitating layups
- Former 4-H leader, also DCF trained in working with children
A mother of five, Shannon believes patience, resilience and passion are the key components to overcoming adversity. She shows these qualities by having students see things through to the end. She never rushes a rider or horse but rather, teaches her students to work with the horse as a team and to maintain confidence.”A balanced seat, a gentle hand, a confident rider and a confident horse are a team that can overcome any obstacle.”